< *c3|!n3m!n9*: Censorship *w@t??*

*c3|!n3m!n9*

it's all about things that i saw ~ it's all about things that i heard ~ it's all about things that i know ~ it's all about things that i want to share ~ it's all about.....anything......


Thursday, March 30, 2006

Censorship *w@t??*

One of an article in Interactive@thestar section caught my attention.

Title : Censors’ ratings make no sense

So, what is it about? Here are some pick outs from the article…..

Memoirs of a Geisha and Final Destination 3 were rated “U”.

….Just because a movie doesn’t have nudity or killing does not automatically mean it is suitable for general viewing…..

….In Geisha, there were no nude scenes, but the movie revolved around devotion of a woman to a married, unattainable man. It also showed how a geisha would choose a man of an appropriate class & title to deflower her,….

….As for Final Destination 3, it was too violent to be rated “U”…..There were murder scenes every 15 min or so, and each one was even more disgusting & horrifying than the previous one….

Eight Below – new movie by Disney, starring Paul Walker & has been rated “18” by our censorship board – as written by the same write of the article. *wow* a film by Disney rated “18”? I’m really eager to see what’s the story like to be rated “18”….

I agreed with the writer’s point of view, as I’ve watched both the movies. I stil remember the experience watching Final Destination 3 in cinema with gal-fren last Monday. When it shows “U” I was so surprised as I know we are watching Final Destination but how come it’s “U”? *hehe* at first I really thought we went into the wrong cinema but my friend convinced me we are in the right place….until then I'm only really confident when the show starts….truly horrified….

Besides, to my surprise that after reading the article only then I kno Geisha was also rated “U”??? Oh my….alto I’ve finish the novel only the movie was in cinema, I’ve expected that the movie will not be rated “U”….bu..bu…but… it’s not? <*oopss!* i watched tru DVD so i din realize d rating til tis article *hehe*>


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home